A breakthrough solution for Peritoneal dialysis patients
By Firapy Club • 31 Aug, 2021
Far infrared is known for regulating NO and microcirculation and has been wildly using for CVD, foot care, and fatigue patients in Japan and HD patients in Asia.
In the past, there’s only a couple of case reports of EPS improvement and an animal peritonitis study related to FIR effects. Today, FIR has an exciting Breakthrough in 2021!
Chinch-Ching Lin (Chief of Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital) and his team revealed that continuous use FIR would improve the peritoneal membrane function and the peritoneal glucose degradation products (GDP) expression in peritoneal dialysis. This may be related to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics, further study is needed for learning the profound mechanism.
1. CP Li (2021). The Effect of Far-Infrared Therapy on the Peritoneal Membrane Transport Characteristics of Uremic Patients Undergoing Peritoneal Dialysis: An Open-Prospective Proof-of-Concept Study.
2. CN Chang (2021). The Effect of Far-Infrared Therapy on the Peritoneal Expression of Glucose Degradation Products in Diabetic Patients on Peritoneal Dialysis.
3. TH Chen (2020). Double-Pokemon-Ball Sign in Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis Responsive to Far-Infrared Therapy.
4. YM Chang (2018). The effect of far-infrared radiation therapy on inflammation regulation in lipopolysaccharide-induced peritonitis in mice.
5. SM Ou (2014). Far-infrared Therapy as a Novel Treatment for Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis